The new Dublin Police Courts behind the Four Courts opened for business in October 1868. A report in the Freeman’s Journal of 28 August 1868 stated that they had been erected by Mr Michael Meade, from designs furnished by the Board of Works, and had cost a sum of £20,000. Three years later, the Freeman attended at the Dublin Police Courts again, this time to report on the business which took place there. This is what it found.
From the Weekly Freeman’s Journal,